If you’re interested in changing the location of your Dropbox folder, it’s actually pretty easy to do. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
1. First, open up your Dropbox application and click on the gear icon in the top-right corner. This will open up your Dropbox settings.
2. In the settings menu, click on the “Preferences” tab.
3. In the “Preferences” tab, look for the “Advanced” section. In the “Advanced” section, you’ll see an option that says “Dropbox location.”
4. Click on the “Dropbox location” option and then click on the “Change” button.
5. In the “Choose new Dropbox location” window, select the location where you want to move your Dropbox folder. Once you’ve selected the new location, click on the “OK” button.
6. Dropbox will now start moving your Dropbox folder to the new location. This process may take a little while, depending on how many files you have in your Dropbox folder.
That’s all there is to it! Once the process is complete, your Dropbox folder will be located in the new location that you specified.
How To Move Your Dropbox Folder
Why you might want to change your Dropbox folder location
Even if you’ve been using Dropbox for a while, you might not have realized that you can actually change the location of your Dropbox folder. There are a few reasons why you might want to do this:
1. If you’re running out of storage space on your primary hard drive, moving your Dropbox folder to a secondary drive can free up some space.
2. If you have multiple hard drives, you may want to spread your Dropbox folder across them for redundancy. That way, if one hard drive fails, you won’t lose all your Dropbox files.
3. You may simply prefer to keep your Dropbox folder in a different location for organizational purposes.
Changing the location of your Dropbox folder is actually pretty easy. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Dropbox desktop app.
2. Click the Dropbox icon in the menu bar, then click the gear icon and select Preferences.
3. In the Advanced tab, click the Change button next to the Dropbox folder location.
4. Select the new location for your Dropbox folder and click OK.
5. Click the Relocate button to confirm.
That’s all there is to it! Your Dropbox folder will now be located in the new location you specified.
How to move your Dropbox folder to a new location
If you’re running out of space on your hard drive, or just want to keep your Dropbox folder in a different location, you can move it. Here’s how:
1. Quit Dropbox if it’s running.
2.Open your Finder and go to your Dropbox folder.
3.Drag the folder to its new location. For example, you could drag it to your desktop or to an external hard drive.
4.Open the Dropbox desktop app.
5.Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the Dropbox app.
7.Click the Account tab.
8.Next to “Dropbox Location:”, click the Change… button.
9.Navigate to and select your new Dropbox folder.
10.Click the Choose button.
11.Click the Relocate button.
That’s it! Your Dropbox folder will now be in its new location.
How to change your Dropbox folder back to the original location
If you’ve moved your Dropbox folder and want to change it back to the original location, there are a few steps you’ll need to follow. First, open the Dropbox desktop application. Then, click the Dropbox icon in the top-right corner of the window and select Preferences. In the Preferences window, click the Account tab and then click the “Choose” button next to the “Dropbox location” option. This will open a new window where you can select the original location for your Dropbox folder. Once you’ve selected the folder, click the “OK” button and then restart the Dropbox application.
Q: How do I move my Dropbox folder?
A: If you’d like to move your Dropbox folder to a new location:
1. Quit Dropbox
2. Move your Dropbox folder to the new location
3. Relaunch Dropbox
Your Dropbox folder will now be located in the new location.
Leave a Comment: